Friday, May 25, 2012

Return from LA.


All good things come to an end. It was great to hang with Joe and his son David for a couple of days where I learned that you can soak gummie bears in vodka ... mmmm.  I stopped in Pismo beach on the way home. Pismo is one of my fav places :-)  North of the state beach the coast rises into some pretty stunning cliffs. Checkout the cave the ocean beat into the cliff side!


Looking south from the cliffs you can see the dunes beyond the beach silhouetted by the mountains behind. The dunes are huge and go for miles.If you ever get the chance visit this place and rent a quad, you'll have a blast.


I took off from Pismo north on the 101 and headed west at Arroyo Seco following the river to where it joins the Carmel Valley river. Joel and I rode that many years ago and drank beer while chilling in the river under the hot sun. Now I was doing the reverse trip. Man it was a long drive on a wild, winding, isolated road eventually hitting Carmel and Monterey just about sunset where I snapped this photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment