Sunday, June 10, 2012




Gotta Ramble On  

Leaves are fallin' all around, time I was on my way
Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay
but now it's time for me to go, the autumn moon lights my way

            Led Zeppelin

By the middle of the afternoon I figured out the route I would take down to the Palo Duro Canyons in West Texas. By late in the day I decided to leave in the evening (Saturday 6/9). I was antsy for the road.

Americana

Kansas was great and I put over 1364 miles exploring it. Here are a few images: the Thistle is blooming


Super-size it


Olden Days Forgotten


This message is everywhere


Imagine being able to pop off a few rounds in your backyard and it's not considered a drive by :-) The photo was taken a day before I got my Mohawk ...

'

8:55pm CST (June 9), the sun sets late here ... it was 10pm and there was still some twilight.

Toto, We're not in Kansas anymore

I'm about 250 miles south of the farm in Blackwell Oklahoma. I was going to stop in Wichita KS but they had some kind of girls basketball tourney. Let me give you some advice, never, ever mess with per-pubescent jock girls. They seem so sweet and innocent but get between them and a big ice cream float and they will tear you up :-)




You may notice that the Grand Canyon is on the tour map ... we'll see.




No comments:

Post a Comment